why should I lie?

why should I lie?

Thursday, November 29, 2012



L'avevo pubblicato nel 2004.
Lo ripeto qui...con rabbia!..



...it was 2004...

EUROFUTURUM


I concluded my contribution of October 16 stating "I feel somewhat deceived" Now I am even more deceived. Why?
I was deceived of the too restrictive and limited spirit of Europe which has inspired the draft Constitution. Europe must be Europe. I want to be one European out of 400 millions (or more) Europeans. 
I feel I behave already as a European citizen. 1960-1966 I have been working in Denmark for 6 too short years. I loved and criticized this Country as any Dane did.(because you only express your criticism on countries you love)On top of my Italian and English I learnt Danish. I moved to France, I lived there, French became my official language. My criticism was addressed to that country. It was also very easy to produce comments concerning the way of living of a country very concerned with "la grandeur"! General De Gaulle was still there. Anyhow, I loved to live in France and I loved French people, their way of living too. Back to Italy, I started critizing the structure, the behaviour of the Italians, the politicians. Nevertheless I loved Italians: in particular the poor Italians of the southern provinces, where I had the opportunity to work. I loved and expressed my criticism on my beloved Latin America: Colombia (the sweetest, cultured castellano they speak!),Venezuela and Argentina, became my new beloved fatherlands. It is easy: live always the way they live.The same happened to me with Germany..with Poland..and many years ago with the URSS. May be I can teach something:
love, get involved, criticize.
This is to love, pardon... to live a country. This is the way you will love Europe.

Franco - born 1934

No comments: